Hopefully this will get me un-grayed.

In one word: Fulfillment.

I currently drive a 2005 Saab 9-3. It was the first car I ever bought with my own money. My brother and I both split the cost in high school. When he graduated college, he moved to Arizona and left me with the car. I graduated a year later and now work in Michigan in my dream job at Cosworth. I still have the car and have been using it as my daily.
The car runs great, but its not as exciting to drive as it was when I first got it in high school.
I make good money now, and have been looking into Mercedes 190e 16 valves.
With the current market, they’re still affordable and parts haven’t skyrocketed or become extremely scarce. I plan on buying one and keeping it as a weekend/summer car at a friends house who has extra covered storage during the winter. I want something I can do almost all the work on myself and will hold its value or appreciate a little. I’ll be able to do most maintenance and repair jobs myself and I plan on keeping the Saab as a reliable source of transportation, pending any sudden catastrophes.
I truly love my job but I need something outside of work to occupy my time that is rewarding and aligns with my interests. Plus, I’ll have more brand loyalty than anyone at the office!