I know it’s hard to tell from my posts, but I’m a Mopar guy. I love all kinds of cars, but I’m Mopar at my core. I was a third generation employee until 2008 (guess what happened?). That being said, I have very little love for most of the DCX-era products (both Merc and Chrysler). Some products were cool, like the Viper-powered Ram, the Viper, the Hemi LX cars, and maybe a few more that I can’t remember. However, the affordable C and D class cars come to mind as some of the worst offerings the industry had to offer.

The Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Avenger and the Dodge Caliber/Jeep Patriot/Jeep Compass were all garbage for just some of the following reasons:

- CVT transmission in the Caliber/Jeeps

- Shitty plastic interiors. Not because they were plastic, but really shitty plastic. High-gloss, mold lines not hidden or even trimmed nicely.

- Anemic AF! Engine choices were garbage!

- The D cars had some really shitty interior fabric that caused a horrible stench in the car. I love new car small, but as these cars came off of the line they smelled like pure ass on the inside. I can’t even describe the smell, but it was enough for me to dread having to sit in one.

I could go on about long-term quality issues, but I won’t. The fact is that these cars suck so bad that I couldn’t even consider one for my daughter’s first car. I nearly always resort to a Chrysler product, but when looking for a car in a specific price point, I chose a Ford Focus. I still buy new FCA products, but I avoid most shit from the DCX era.