I’m a pilot, drag racer, and engineer. I am superstitous beyond belief when it comes to vehicles. Of the many I have (life is difficult) here are the top 3:

Drag Racing: When I ran my Mach 1 at the track I wore gloves to prevent sweaty palms on a polished metal shift ball. The ritual was ALWAYS, Helmet, seat belt, left glove, right glove. Burnout had to be until smoke came through the air vents. I followed it and runs went great. Too short of a burnout, wrong glove, having to start over because I did something in the wrong order? 100% chance of missing the 2-3 shift...

240SX demon project: If it is running smoothly, and starts on the first turn of the key, it WILL break something important during that drive. The last time it ran great, I got home and the starter died. The car wants me to work on it, or go to its grave. I can’t tell which. Even wrote a blog here about it. 4 pages worth of why the car is a nightmare but I still love it.

The 95 Buell S2: There is a reason I call the bike Eleanore. I love the bike but she and I have a history. If I don’t ride it within 12 months, I will end up dropping it at low speed (parking lot, pushing it in the garage, etc.) withing 30 days of riding again. It is like clockwork. The first time I rode it, I set it down at a stop sign because my foot was on gravel. rode fine for a year after that. 3 years later, I bought it from my dad, dropped it in a parking lot trying to turn around. Think Memphis Raines in the Nic Cage Gone in 60 Seconds. We are a team but we hurt each other so bad....

Don’t even get me started with planes. FYI it is a very very bad idea to rename a plane.