I was super proud of my then 2 year old SVT Focus when my neighbor came home with a brand new Honda Civic. I walked next door and struck up a conversation with him and congratulated him on his new purchase. Without hesitation he instantly dumped on me, ”Yeah, you should’a bought a Honda. That Ford is gonna just break down...ya know...Found-On-Road-Dead.”

I rolled my eyes and replied, “Mmmkay...whatever bro.” now keep in mind I don’t have any beef with Hondas, but he pissed me off so I quipped, “Puhleeeze...That Honda will be rotting in a junk yard years before this Ford ever will.” He said something snarky in return and that was the end of that.

Fast forward about 4 years later.....I arrive home in my SVT Focus after work just in time to see my neighbor standing in the road watching his now 4 year old Civic getting loaded onto a flatbed truck. Turns out, he limped it home after the engine had some sort of catastrophic failure. I got out of my car in the driveway, walked up to my house, honked the car alarm (beep) and then, without even looking back at him, yelled out, “guess you should have bought a Ford!”

It was a great moment and I swear my car was smiling.

BTW- We still have that 16 y/o SVT Focus.