I won a BaT auction the year for a car never sold in North America. I’ve long lusted after this model, and after years of saving my pennies (and learning to wrench on a sedan version I picked up from CL years ago) I was finally able to make the dream come true.

I’m the first US owner and last time it was registered it was with French number plates.

It was shipped in through FL, and I did a fly-and-drive with my wife all the way up the coast back home to Massachusetts.

The importer is a really great guy, and when he learned about my plans to drive it home he personally paid to have the car given a once-over (including brake line replacement) for his own piece of mind.

She performed flawlessly on the 1,200 mile journey and we enjoyed some beautiful back road driving that week.

Here is a picture of it sitting outside my normal stomping grounds, Nova Vintage Motorcycle repair in Turners Falls MA.

1989 BMW 325i Touring. 5-speed Manual. M20 motor stroked out past the normal 2.5liters. Hartge wheels, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, etc etc etc