This is extremely disturbing. I’m only posting here to ask for advice. TW: Animal abuse/death.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

My husband found a decapitated kitten on our patio this morning. It can’t be more than three or four weeks old. We do have coyotes around here, but we have a fenced-in yard, and the fence is pretty high. It’s possible an animal got a hold of the poor thing, but I am really worried that a human did it. The wound is extremely neat/precise (I would think an animal killed by another animal would have a wound that looked like it was torn by a set of teeth). The head is nowhere to be found. Also, there is no blood. I would think that if an animal attacked another animal outside, there would be some blood somewhere. I called 311, and they said they were submitting an emergency ticket to animal welfare, but it’s been almost six hours with no response. Should we just bury the poor thing and forget about it, or should we keep after animal welfare or the police to at least take a report? Our concern is that a human did this, which obviously is a very bad sign. And said human would have had to trespass on our property by walking through two closed gates; the patio is not accessible from the street/sidewalk.