Back when I-95 through central VA had toll booths my friends and I were riding to Richmond in my car (1978 Oldsmobile 98 Regency coupe). We had already been through two of the 50 cent money machines when we came to the third and final one on our journey. My friend, let’s call him Timmy, decided as a prank he would lay in the rear floor with his hands behind his back and stuff a rag in his mouth as we approached the toll booth associate. As I paid he began to loudly grunt through the rag. After paying we pulled of like everything was everything. After about 3 or 4 minutes I noticed a state trooper in the mirror coming up fast. As I was not speeding I pulled into the adjacent lane to let him pass. He also moved in right behind lights flashing as a second police car passed and got directly in front of me. We were ordered to the side of 95 and forced to exit via loudspeaker which we did expeditiously. We were instructed to the rear of the car with hands on our heads while the trooper in the car in front stood just beside his car with his hand on his (un-drawn) weapon. The trooper who was at the rear approached after we were secure and started asking questions about the incident at the toll plaza. We told him it was a prank and that “Timmy” had thought it would be funny to act like he was being kidnapped. We were detained on the side of the road for approximately 2 hours while my car was searched and the toll operator was retrieved to make a positive ID. Once they realized we were stupid kids we were given a lecture and a stern warning about the dangers of pranks and released to go. Needless to say the rest of the day was spent flicking “Timmy’s” ear every chance we got for being an (insert expletive here) and almost getting us arrested. This was the late 80's and I image today we would have been shot.