Didn’t happen in the parking lot, but did involve a parked car at school...

I went to high school in Wisconsin, so we had some pretty serious snowstorms most years. We also had a superintendent who didn’t believe in cancelling school, no matter how bad the weather got. One of these bad mornings when some of the buses were late due to the bad roads, I’m sitting in class and the teacher looks out the window and gets a funny look on her face. She says, “I think the bus just hit my car.” Turns out she was right. One of the late buses was coming around a corner and the back end slid out and sideswiped her car. Mind you, this is on a city street in front of the school. If that one was slippery enough for this to happen you can imagine what all the one lane country roads were like.

Also not a parking lot story, but related: On another terrible morning that we shouldn’t have been going to school at all, I hit a patch of ice on the way into town and spun our Dodge conversion van. The worst part was that my dad had called to tell me the roads were bad when he went in to work, but by the time we left for school the previous 10 miles were bone dry. It was just this one spot a quarter mile out of town that was still glare ice. Fortunately nothing bad came of it. We spun, hit the gravel on the side of the road and stopped, then continued on (carefully!) to school. I probably don’t even know how lucky I was not to have rolled that top-heavy beast though.