When I was a kid, my best friend and I dreamed of the day we would complete our medical degrees and then cruise to our luxury homes in Newport Beach in our slantnose 930 convertibles.

Fast forward 30 years. He is a successful doc living in a comfortable home and drives a V6 Accord with no aspirations other than to lease another V6 Accord when the current one expires. I never did get the MD figured out as I found out I hated organic chemistry class and pretty much fainted at the sight of blood, but after my Mom passed and left me some money I drove down to Fresno to look at a hotted up 930. I passed on the car initially because it had a Zork pipe, it was slammed to the ground, and was fairly crap to drive but the thought of the damned thing with its wide fenders, crackling backfires, and binary boost kept waking me up at 0200. When the seller lowered the price by 15%, I was on my way down 99 with cash in hand. After six years of sorting back to stock, the 930 is just as I dreamed it would be when Stuie and I were doodling DP-kitted slants in study hall. Every drive reminds me of the value of meeting and getting to know your heroes even if they do have some faults that make them a little less shiny. Really don’t miss getting that MD degree now...