I was that guy in high school that drove an Opel GT with no brakes... but I made her a lot better during high school. Now I’m a junior in college and have 3 of these darn cars! We call this Opelitis, it cannot be cured.

My red GT is still kicking after being abused by me in Highschool. I had no idea what the heck I was doing, I broke everything, but I always fixed it. I never let that car go more than a 48hrs without going on the road. She’s a pretty fast little fella now that my high school days are over. Okay maybe not fast, a Camry is probably faster, but it feels like a rocket burning rubber with one wheel and blasting through curves on country roads or getting up to highway speed on the on ramps. She’s bored to 2.0L with a 1984 Opel Kadett head, lightened flywheel, headers, bigger carb, and lots of creature comfort and handling upgrades too.

The orange one is my off-road toy, don’t think about it too hard, it doesn’t make sense to me either. Yes it’s painted with rhinoliner, but it’s really fun and I can’t scratch it at all lol.

These pictures are before and after of my 2 GTs