I cannot legally say what I'd truly like to in response to this..... I can't even call it writing, because it comes across as nothing more than a whiny non-Cardinals fan (Cubs? Reds? Braves? Is that you, Brandon Phillips???) having a hissy fit all over his computer's keyboard because he wishes his team was in the same position as the Cardinals are: in the playoffs, in pursuit of their TWELFTH (yes, you read that right) World Series Championship. To say that the Cardinals are a bad team is just an absurd statement. I'd love to know how 97 wins from a team led by five All-Stars and a slew of legitimate candidates for the National League's MVP, Cy Young, Rookie of the Year, and Manager of the Year awards qualifies as bad. Never mind the fact that they were one win away from returning to the World Series for the fourth time since 2004 in 2012 to defend their 2011 crown under the guidance of a rookie manager, and despite losing one of the most successful and innovative managers in baseball history, a genius that redefined the role of a pitching coach, and one of the greatest baseball players in the history of the game.

Honestly, if you hate the Cardinals THAT much, then just turn off the television, ignore them, and do something productive with your life other than seethe over the success of a franchise that you are not a fan of.

And as for the attack on Cardinals fans, I have this to say: we are NOT all a bunch of inbred rednecks that pompously and arrogantly inflate our own self-importance. We have our share of bandwagon fans just like anyone else, but three million-plus in annual attendance speaks volumes to how much this city holds it's team in its heart. Opposing teams and their fans are generally treated with the courtesy and respect that you would show a worthy adversary, albeit the occasional loudmouth drunks notwithstanding. I was at Game 2 of the NLDS where Pittsburgh absolutely rolled Lance Lynn and the Redbirds, and directly in front of me were four Pirates fans that had taken a road trip to see their team play, one of whom would wave a Jolly Roger after every play that went the Pirates' way. Despite the outcome for the home team, these four fans were treated excellently by the locals, spending much of the day cracking jokes and talking in-depth about baseball. When STL lost, the Pirates fans were congratulated on their team's success, not only in that game but for the entire season as well. Every team claims to have the best fans in baseball, and St. Louis is no different. Perhaps you just think it's constantly being forced down your throat because the Cardinals get so much exposure and coverage every October?